Comman Name:Astragalus powder
Other Name:membranous milkvetch, huang qi
Astragalus root, also known as milk vetch and huáng qí; (yellow leader), belongs to the bean family of plants. The powdered root, which tastes slightly sweet, is sprinkled on hot foods and blended into beverages.
Astragalus has a rich history of use in Chinese and Asian cultures. It is native to China, Mongolia and North Korea, and is an ancient component of traditional Chinese medicine. The herb was mentioned in the Divine Husbandman's Classic of the Materia Medica, written anonymously during the first century AD and attributed to the teachings of the legendary figure Shennong who is thought to have lived approximately 5,000 years ago.
Astragalus is an herbaceous perennial, growing between 25 and 40 centimeters in height. It grows in grassy regions and on mountainsides, requiring plenty of exposure to the sun. When grown for cultivation, the plants are traditionally harvested after four or five years, with the roots collected in spring or fall. The medicinal roots are dried in the sun and then sliced for distribution. The slices are yellow in color and have a sweet, moistening taste with a firm, fibrous texture.
The Benefits of Astragalus powder
1. Effect on insulin resistance and hyperglycemia.
2. Reduce the side effects of anti-neoplastic drugs.
3. Effect on heart tissue, to treat heart disease including coronary artery related disease, heart failure and Cardiovascular Disease, and insufficient placental blood supply.
4. Helpful for skin pathologies involving chronic inflammation, allergic diseases treatment due to its Ant-inflammatory and anti-infectious effects, protective intestinal mucosa reperfusion injury,treatment of Colitis, etc.
5. Antiaging, Antineoplastic and antioxidative effect and useful for old disease, stragalus root also prevents bone loss and shows.
6.Cardial activity on exhausted heart, Hypotensive activity, Diuretic activity, Preventive activity against acute a nimals adrenal failure caused by gentamicin, Sedative effect.
Application of Astragalus powder
2.Functional food as capsules or pills
Packing By 25kgs/drum, inner by double plastic bag.
Storage Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
Shelf lifeTwo years under well storage situation.