Astragalus Root Extract For Curing Diabetes
Astragalus Root Extract is a dried root extract of the leguminous plant Astragalus membranaceus (Fisch.) Bge. This product has the functions of enhancing immunity, enhancing energy, resisting fatigue, resisting mutation, protecting liver and inhibiting osteoclasts. Modern pharmacological research shows that Astragalus membranaceus has the functions of enhancing immune function, strengthening blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, diuresis, anti-aging, anti-fatigue, anti-tumor, anti-virus, sedation and analgesia.
1. Reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Astragalus extract can be administered intravenously (intravenously) or a mixture containing xanthine extract to reduce nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and chemotherapy-related myelosuppression.
2. Diabetes. Early studies have shown that oral administration of Astragalus membranaceus and another traditional Chinese medicine as a combination may help control blood sugar and insulin levels in diabetic patients.
3. Seasonal allergies. Oral administration of 160 mg of Scutellariae Radix extract daily for 3-6 weeks can improve symptoms such as runny nose, itching and sneezing in seasonal allergic patients.
4. Irregular menstruation (menopause). Early studies have shown that oral extract of Astragalus membranaceus helps to improve the regularity of menstrual cycles in women with irregular menstruation.
5. Chest pain (angina). Oral administration of 20 grams of Astragalus membranaceus three times a day for 2 weeks can improve cardiac function in patients with chest pain.
6. Bone marrow lacks new blood cells (aplastic anemia). Through human studies, intravenous xanthine extract and steroid stanozolol can improve symptoms and blood cell counts, not just the use of steroids alone in patients with aplastic anemia.
7. Asthma. The combination of Astragalus membranaceus extract, Cordyceps sinensis extract, Shouwu, Fritillaria, and Astragalus membranaceus extract significantly improved asthma symptoms after 3 months.
8. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Some products containing ingredients of Astragalus membranaceus can alleviate the fatigue of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. However, not all doses seem to be effective. Furthermore, it is not clear whether this benefit is due to the effect of the Astragalus extract.
9. Liver scar (cirrhosis). Early studies have shown that a combination of intravenous injection of xanthine and salvia miltiorrhiza for up to 90 days per day may improve liver function in patients with cirrhosis. It is too early to know that the improvement is due to Astragalus, Salvia or its combination.
10. Heart failure. Taking it for up to 20 days can improve some of the symptoms of heart failure. However, some people have indicated that the extract of Astragalus membranaceus seems to be less effective than traditional drugs.
11. Astragalus polysaccharide has obvious antagonistic effect on tuberculosis infection; it has been found that other components such as amino acids, alkaloids and flavonoids have significant anti-follicular stomatitis virus.