Cocoa powder is a powder which is obtainer from cocoa solids, one of the two components of chocolate liquor. Chocolate liquor is a substance which is obtainer during the manufacturing process which turns cocoa beans into chocolate products. It can be added to baked goods for a chocolate flavor, whisked with hot milk or water for hot chocolate, and used in a variety of other ways, depending on the taste of the cook. Most markets carry Cocoa Powder, often with several options available.
Cocoa Powder contains several minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. All of these minerals are found in greater quantities in Cocoa Powder than either cocoa butter or cocoa liquor. Cocoa solids also contain 230 mg of caffeine and 2057 mg of theobromine per 100g, which are mostly absent from the other components of the cocoa bean.
Benefits of Cocoa Powder
1) The chemical composition in the cocoa powder can effectively treat heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and vascular disease.
2) The intake of cocoa produdcts can increase the reservation of glycogen in muscle effectively and thus increase the athletic ability.
3) Reduce energy consumption,delay the fatigue and help the restoration after long period of exercise.
4) The potassium contained in cocoa can provent the occurrence of cerebral apoplexy and hypertension.the palmitic acid containered in it can reduce the concentration of cholesterol.thus,cocoa also has an excellent health protection effect on the middle and old aged group.
5) In addition,cocoa has a trace ammount of excitement component which can promote the excitement,refresh the brain and help those engaged in highly intensive brainwork and physical work such as pilot,athlete,driver and writer.
Application of Cocoa Powder
1. Dietary supplement ingredients
2. Natural flavor products
Packing: By 25kgs/drum, inner by double plastic bag.
Storage: Stored in a cool&dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
Shelf life: Two years under well storage situation.